outrageous LFS prices

sefo

X-mas is close and I already have my Santas dream list so I went to my LFS to look for prices:
atlantic snail 5.99 each
emerald crab 19.99 each
sally lightfoot 14.99 each
cleaner wrasses 11.99 each
blue leg hermit 2.49 each
scarlet reef hermit 4.99 each
mandarin gobie 25.99 each
now do the math im keeping my saltwaterfish.com to buy my stuff, hopw my wife find my list and my bookmark

if you have the same problem with your lfs let me know in that way I won't feel alone

jtirone

ouch!!!!
I just paid 5.99 for emerald. .99 for blue leg hermit, sally's at 7.99
I guess I will not complain about my lfs anymore..

drewster

Hey SEA ROCK, where do you go to get your stuff? I work out in Canton and live in Farmington hills. I usually go to the Pet Connection at 5 mile and Middlebelt. They have an excellent selection of fish and corals and the prices aren't that bad. I'm not saying they are cheap but I will no longer order from saltwaterfish.com after my last order with them. Just wondering if you knew of any cheap LFS stores.

angelfish

I just went to the lfs today and he has gone up a few bucks. I know it isn't as expensive as your store and hope that it doesn't eventually get there either. I think its highway robbery to charge that much for some of your fish but I guess they have to make a living also. Plus as Sonny put it at least you can go to the store when you need something in a hurry.