Over-flow/ side mount

deric203

Can this be done. 135 gallon 72x18x24. Will a side mount overflow work. Can I get enough skimming from the top of the water for the length of the tank? Glass tank with no drilled holes.
The more reading I do, the more confusing. PC/no PC, halide/no halide, wet-dry/no wet-dry, refugium/no refugium, this brand/that brand.
Maybe I'll start a thread entitled My Salt Water Tank Built By Forum Members Recommendations.
Pictures of a tank containing plenty of air to follow.

keith burn

Originally Posted by Deric203
Can this be done. 135 gallon 72x18x24. Will a side mount overflow work. Can I get enough skimming from the top of the water for the length of the tank? Glass tank with no drilled holes.
The more reading I do, the more confusing. PC/no PC, halide/no halide, wet-dry/no wet-dry, refugium/no refugium, this brand/that brand.
Maybe I'll start a thread entitled My Salt Water Tank Built By Forum Members Recommendations.
Pictures of a tank containing plenty of air to follow.

If you have good flow it will work.
Thay make room dividers with overflow on the end works well.
Pc are good in small tanks.But with a 135gal will need a lot of them to be effective and do not penetrate to the bottom in tall tanks.
Wet/dry good with fish only and fish with lr not as much in reef.
(Note) must keep clean as well.
Refugiumslove them i thank all tanks will benefit from one...
Brand well most all tanks will work ok look at glass size and warranty.
And as far as thread
thay will be a long one...

deric203

Thanks Keith.
I'm gonna post each choice. Dont feel like I'm getting the best answers locally. Wife took photos tonight. Will post.
Will post as tank progresses and will plan a good steak and wine dinner for all the help
Deric

keith burn

Originally Posted by Deric203
Thanks Keith.
I'm gonna post each choice. Dont feel like I'm getting the best answers locally. Wife took photos tonight. Will post.
Will post as tank progresses and will plan a good steak and wine dinner for all the help
Deric

read ask questions and have fun i like my steak with a1 lol