over the top close loop waterflow

nd30male

Im going to build me a close loop system for my 46 bowfront and im planning on using a magdrive pump. I want to run sps and am wonder what size pump i should use to get a enough water flow for them. someone was telling me about 30x my water volume wich puts me at 1380 gph. i plan on incorperating the SCWD wavemaking system into it which is rated top end at 1400 gph should i go with the magdrive 1800 or could i get by with smaller. :help:

squidd

SCWD will cause around 30% reduction in flow due to restriction and requires a pressure rated pump to push the flow your looking at...
A Mag pump would not be appropriate...an external pump/pressure rated would be a better choice...
You may want to check out the Ocean Motion "Squirt" for a two way or Four way closed loop option in the flow rates you are looking at...
https://www.saltwaterfish.com/vb/show...ghlight=squirt

nd30male

Ok looks cool no exsplain how it works it, doese it swich directions for you automaticly or do you need to do some mods and ware would the cheepest place be to buy a (squirt). I appreciate the info.

squidd

We are not allowed to post "links" on this board, but if you were to do a search for Oceansmotions you would "probably find it...
Alot of what you are asking will be found there...