Overflow box for 125?

turningtim

MJ, I had an Amiricle 600 gph when I first set-up my tank. Good quaility stuff. But I looked it up and can't find a pic of it. I checked the Amiricle web site and from what I can tell they look like cpr style, I may be wrong.
Lifereef is nice stuff if you want to lay out the cash. Thats what my LFS sells and yes its pricey but very nice.
Tried to find the other and can't find it yet. I keep looking though.
I would just like to see some pics of these things.......
Tim

saltfan

Originally Posted by TurningTim
Hey saltfan just try and see what happens. I mean you already have it give it shot and see. Maybe you can think of a mod or something.
Hey if you have luck ya never know...........
No worries
Tim
Ain't, I'ma run with it. See what happens.

mjordan23

Tim, I called up Amiracle and what they told me was the 1200 GPH is a sipon free. However unlike CPR there is no motor or anything. It is acually like the one I have at home made by Mandarin (from 1989).......There is a picture of it on their website under Maxi Reef filters and they show the overflow boxes on the sump (just for illustration purposes).....their is a check valve at top of it to suck the air out.....On my parents, we also have a valve with a skinny flex tube but the tube is connected to the tube where the water returns to the aquarium (have u ever seen this)......
It seems like a pretty good sump......on the internet auction 65 plus shipping or through Amiracle its like 95.
Please let me know what u think.
If not would a 700 gph through lifereef work......
I am comfortable using this siphon free system.....I guess I have been using it at my parents for over 15 years now not realizing it. My parents has no utube and the overflow is small on inside and longer on outside of tank.
I appreciate your help!!!!

turningtim

Hey if you're comfortable with it then your call. No I have not used the one that you're talking about. Now you're just getting the OF or the whole shooting match? Do you want to set up a sump fuge? What's next on the list?
Tim

mjordan23

im buying the overflow now and then im going to build the sump using rubbermaid containers as per the plans on this site....im going to do all the plumbing then I will just save up some cash for heater, 2 powerheads, and some other equipment....I am probably not going to get my protein skimmer until christmas.....will that be ok.......this will be a 125 fish only with some live rock