Overflow Box Tubing question

rwall

I had used PVC to go from the overflow to the sump but it just wasn't working out so I broke down and bought the hoses to make the connection but the hose seems to be leaking at the bulkhead...what is the best way to seal that?

nicnac2169

i have found that using teflon tape around the bulk head works great. Also you might want to clamp the tube to the bulk head they make them in plastic and metal.

fishfreak1242

If it isn't that fast of a leak, it will eventually clog itself on its own with salt creep or other things like that. Otherwise get some clamps and teflon tape.

frogdog

Originally Posted by nicnac2169
http:///forum/post/2795335
i have found that using teflon tape around the bulk head works great. Also you might want to clamp the tube to the bulk head they make them in plastic and metal.
+1

I recently started my first cycle (yesterday), and had the EXACT problem. Probably the same tube kit also.
Make sure the gasket is on the inside of the tank, and the return end is seated properly in the cut-out part of the overflow box.

2-3 layers of teflon tape worked for me. been running w/ no leaks since.
btw, I used the teflon tape in the threading where the bulk head screws on. I didnt wrap the tape around the bulk head...
good luck!