Overflow & Pump Question

mr. green

All, What is the average flow from a tank with an overflow. I have an AGA and I think it usually around 600-700 gph with the Megaflow Accessory Kit or am I wrong??
As well as what is the flow, what size pump do I need for the return from the fuge? This will be an in sump type pump. The fuge will be split into three sections (skimmer-return/heaters-fuge w/LS)
Thanks for your help ahead of time!!

who dey

Originally Posted by Mr. Green
All, What is the average flow from a tank with an overflow. I have an AGA and I think it usually around 600-700 gph with the Megaflow Accessory Kit or am I wrong??
As well as what is the flow, what size pump do I need for the return from the fuge? This will be an in sump type pump. The fuge will be split into three sections (skimmer-return/heaters-fuge w/LS)
Thanks for your help ahead of time!!
I use a mag 7 for my 55 in combination with an in-sump skimmer rated for a 250 gal tank. How large is your tank

mr. green

Originally Posted by WHO DEY
I use a mag 7 for my 55 in combination with an in-sump skimmer rated for a 250 gal tank. How large is your tank

90 gallons.

pfitz44

The overflow will only supply water at the rate of return of the pump, however, it will max out at a certain point. If it is a 1" line, it is about 600 GPH. Mag 7 will work fine for your tank. To find out other pumps, take the amount of head you have, which is the height of the return line with respect to the pump, and look at the graph that should be provided with the pump for GPS vs Head height. You dont want this number to be over 600 GPH, otherwisw, you will have to valve back the return.