Overflow Question

jokerj

I not long ago set up a seahore tank (55 gal). I did a do it yourself overflow with lee specimen containers. Here in lies my problem. When I got the seahorses in they came in very small about 2 in . I've had a problem with a couple of them that like to swim up to the overflow and the holes in the overflow box are just big enough for them to get sucked in.
I found 2 this morning in my sump tank. They were doing fine thankfully.
my question is can I put a filter bag or fill the overflow with bio balls, ect. to keep them from getting sucked down into my sump? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

jokerj

thanks. That's what I was thinking. I was planing on putting a cover over the u tube with a filter bag and filling with bio balls on the intake. so worse case they will be in my overflow box and not in my sump. My wife called me and one of the guys that got sucked into my sump did not make it.
I went durring lunch to get the bio balls and filter bags and will do it this eavning and have her baby sitting making sure they don't swim too close until after I get that done.