Overflow recommendations

rainmaker6

Hi all. I managed to pick up an Iwaki 800+ gph pump , used, for a trade of an AquaClear 300, used. :jumping: I was planning to use my 30 gallon for a sump but need to rethink the plumbing for the external pump. Question is, what would you all recommend for a HOT overflow. Local LFS is pushing CPR overflows, but I have heard some bad things about them. Are they any good? I would be looking at about 600 gph flow rate through the sump.

92protruck

I think most people on here suggest the U-Tube type over the CPR type for reliability and you don't need the aqua lifter to keep it primed and bubble free after a power outage. Of the U-Tube types, I think you will find LifeReef is the best and most expensive. I have used both LifeReef and Amiracle and there is no comparison on my system. Everybody's set up is different.

nicetry

CPR is "crap" spelled sideways. Go with the LifeReef. You won't be disappointed. I run one on my 120 and it works flawlessly.

cam78

I bought a brand new Life reef. I never used it and want to sell it. IT IS BRAND NEW. I have everything for it, silencer, tubing, name it I got it. They are suppose to be the best. I heard nothing but nightmares for CPR's

rainmaker6

What are you asking for it? Just out of curiosity as I think that shipping to Alberta, Canada would dramatically increase the price.