Overheating !

bona42na

I need some good advice. My house is getting a new HVAC system so Im in between installation and its hot over here. House is close to 80 degrees inside and windows and fans are on. My FOWLR is at 84 degrees and my soft coral Nanocube is at 80.8 . The lights are off and covers are open on both setups. Im trying to add cooler RODI water when evap occurs so Im doing whatever I can think of. Im really more worried about the small tank. How long can I leave it unlighted. Any suggestions aside from a chiller which is just not possible at the moment ? Gonna post this in the agressive section as well. Thanks for your thoughts. Peter

gdamador

Hey, If you are worried about the temperature try this... Place a small fan (really, as big a fan as you can, it will evaporate more water but it will cool at the same time) facing down either on top of your tank of into the sump so the air hits the water directly, this will speed up evaporation and keep it cooler. If you are using Metal Halide then turn them on for a couple of hours so they have some exposure to light. The fan(s) should do it for you until you can get your A/C taken care of. Hope this helps and works for you!

cgavduece

Wouldn't it make sense to place the fans facing out, so as to pull out the heat produced by the PC lights? I installed two 60mm CPU fans right underneath the vents. Installed perfectly. I placed both facing out through the vents to pull out any heat. They've only been in for one day so i can tell you tomorrow if its actually working.