Ozone- anyone use it?

small triggers

I just finished the article in the new CORALS about Ozone. Great positives, alot of negatives. I'd like to hear anyones personal opinions and of course from anyone who has used or is using it.

I have never used it, but did a bunch of research on it, as I was going to. I run 100% Zeovit, so ozone isn't compatible, nor is needed on a Nutrient Low System.
With todays setups, ozone is pretty safe, if you purchase all the equipment and meters, things can be self regulating without pumping too much ozone into your tank or surrounding atmosphere for you and the family to breathe (Remember ozone isn't good for you either). However these problems are not as critical nowadays, as long as you run the proper gear (regulator, ORP meter, etc)
Personally if you are having nutrient, algae or any other type of nuasance issue, I would research more to what the cause is (overstocking, overfeeding, water changes, etc.) and then fixing these issues. Then once your system is stable, if you want to fine tune things (make the water clearer) then you can look into ozone or UV Sterilization.
I hope this helps some.

small triggers

no its not a nutrient problem,,, other than my water is CONSTANTLY yellow, i mean even after i do a 30g water change on my 150g tank,,, an hour later, yellow... no real algae issues and i do run a UV on and off. Just wondering on peoples uses and reasons and outcomes.
Ive read alot on it and know about the whole ORP thing,,, I'll probably do it when i upgrade when we build our next home.

ophiura

It can definitely help, it can also kill all your fish in an instant. I've seen it happen, sadly.
So if you are in a situation where you can build something special, and can build a ventilation or fish room so you have an extra precaution, that would be cool.
But I have to think somewhere, someplace, there is another answer to your problem.

small triggers

there are obviously some kind of excessive ?nutrients?, but nothing i can test for. My numbers, except my trates at 20ppm, are 0, a little bit of algae in the tank and thats it. Yellow water is my arch nemisis,,,, no mater what i do i cant get rid of it. Everything thrives, my fish are growing great, my corals(albeit they are all softies since i have triggers) are multiplying and growing wonderfully and my stupid BTA is always healthy and happy even though i never purposly feed it, and unfortuntly i cant kill the damn things either not that i didnt try (it started as one large 12 inch GBTA then split then again then again) I finnally got one that moved to a top rock and took it to my LFS (though it killed my blue jaw in the process as it stung him to death while he was asleep in his cave that it crept into)

ophiura

Can you do a color test...get two clear containers, maybe test tubes or similar. Put RO water in one, and your tank water in the other, hold up in front of white paper and take a pic?

small triggers

yeah, i run 1 media bag of carbon and change it after 3 weeks, i also run a Extraphos phosphate removing media every now and then...I will do the water pic when i get home from helping my friend move today....