P-P-Powerbook Scam the scammer

bionicarm

I just wish the guy in London would've been there to catch the guy on his webcam when he was opening the box.
Price of new Powerbook - $2100.
Price to ship Powerbook to scammer in London - $80.
To see the look on the scammer's face as he opened the box to see what he bought for $550 - Priceless.

stdreb27

Originally Posted by bionicarm
http:///forum/post/3243834
I just wish the guy in London would've been there to catch the guy on his webcam when he was opening the box.
Price of new Powerbook - $2100.
Price to ship Powerbook to scammer in London - $80.
To see the look on the scammer's face as he opened the box to see what he bought for $550 - Priceless.
they tried, it just didn't quite happen...

pezenfuego

That is so awesome!
I didn't care for the ending though. It had a certain "Gospel According to Larry" feel. I wonder what happened to him.

reefraff

Funny if it really happened. I would worry about being nailed for wire fraud or something sending a bogus note book.
Back in my Copier Technician days I worked for a guy for a few months that reminded me of the Flim FLam man (great movie) but in one instance the guy burned someone who deserved it.
He gets a call from a toner pirate. These people would call hoping to catch someone that didn't know what they were doing and get them to agree to have a bunch of overpriced toner delivered to the business. He let them talk him into an order and gave them a fake name. When I asked why he did that he just grinned.
When the boxes would arrive he would cut open the bottom, take out the supplies and re tape the boxes and wait for them to call looking for a payment. He would just say nobody by that name worked there and he wasn't accepting the shipment. Then they would pay UPS to retrieve the boxes. A few of them would call back complaining about their supplies being gone and he would just call them on their BS and tell them he was a dealer and wasn't going to listen to their scams any more.
They end up losing their toner plus pay shipping to and from.