P. Volitan Compatibility

qfish

Trigger,

You have a 90g and lion. The dimensions for 90 and 75 are the same except that a 90 is 3" taller. In your opinion as Volitan keeper would 75 be too small for my intended setup? 90 unless i find a really good deal on a used one altough only 3" taller is much more expensive. Since I insist on matching stand and canopy its not just the increase in actual tank price, but of stand and canopy too. What do you think?

trigger40

Trigger,

You have a 90g and lion. The dimensions for 90 and 75 are the same except that a 90 is 3" taller. In your opinion as Volitan keeper would 75 be too small for my intended setup? 90 unless i find a really good deal on a used one altough only 3" taller is much more expensive. Since I insist on matching stand and canopy its not just the increase in actual tank price, but of stand and canopy too. What do you think?
a 75 is fine for a volitan. the 90 just gives you more water to work with and the result is you have more room for error. this is very helpful to me because lionfish have a huge appetite and the tank is not at home but in the lab away from home. but i assume this tank will be at your home where you can be there when something goes wrong. so a 75 will definitely work. you also may want a little more flow that normal so that more water will be pushed over your live rock and lions like high flow.

trigger40

Lol thanks trigger. Youre right.

Boy, That was a great deal! Lucky you, share the luck. Got photo?
i wish i could. my lfs told me they would hold it for until march so i can make room for it and scratch up some dough.

qfish

Thanks for feedback. I still intend on trying for 90 but guess i shouldn't be overly concerned if things do move in that direction.

qfish

Lol. Yes. Really though, I just want to be fair to lion in space. Guess 3 inches isn't going to make or break moral barrier (lol).

trigger40

that is an amazing lion fish! mine is a much more darker red and its fins are not as long. but i think you could easily do something like that. if you dont plan to add any other fish you should just go with the 75 IMO.

qfish

that is an amazing lion fish! mine is a much more darker red and its fins are not as long. but i think you could easily do something like that. if you dont plan to add any other fish you should just go with the 75 IMO.
Your lion about same size?

trigger40

yea just about the same size if not a little bigger. i agree you should go with the 75g unless you really want the 90g.