pacific long tentical anenome

lawliss

got this long tentical anenome and was just curious how he is going to get food, my two clown have not taken to him not sure if they will or if it takes time. one of the clowns I have was purchased from the same tank as the anenome at the same time so not as if they dont know what to do.Also I have a blue start fish who seems to like to climb on the anenome any reason for this?

hot883

Originally Posted by lawliss
got this long tentical anenome and was just curious how he is going to get food, my two clown have not taken to him not sure if they will or if it takes time. one of the clowns I have was purchased from the same tank as the anenome at the same time so not as if they dont know what to do.Also I have a blue start fish who seems to like to climb on the anenome any reason for this?
How old is the tank, how big, and whats your lighting?

lawliss

i dont mean to be rude, but why do you need to know that information. i just wondered if i hand feed it mysis shrimp or if plankton will do. i dont understand why when i post i always get answered with a question.

hot883

Originally Posted by lawliss
i dont mean to be rude, but why do you need to know that information. i just wondered if i hand feed it mysis shrimp or if plankton will do. i dont understand why when i post i always get answered with a question.
Because it cuts down on the confusion. I asked because I care. Typically an anemone needs pristine water conditions and not a new tank. They need to be fed only if the lights are unadequate. (covers 2 of my questions). Bits and pieces of raw shrimp or mysis should be ok 1-2 times a week. Thats what I do with mine and I have a 55 gal. tank and 260w of P.C. lights. They will expel what they don't eat and shrink real small a day or so after feeding. Then that night or next day they will get large or normal size.
The clowns may never host if they were tank raised.
See, I took the time to try and help. Just for future reference, don't get snippy! People will not help you. Be more kind I guess. Yes, I took your response wrong, started to gaff you off; knew I was better person that than and posted my help. There are many on here with attitudes, not saying you have one, just trying to help. Barry