Packers/Vikings...Should be a good one

t316

Anyone besides me have this slight desire to see Favre fail?
Should be a good match up. I love to watch the guy, he's just so talented, but I guess I never got over the on again/off again way he left GB. I'm a Panthers & Cowboys fan, but I'm really looking forward to this one...

t316

edit....* I shouldn't have said "fail".
I'm not sure if I want to see him come up short, or maybe even come up big, just to prove something. Either way, the spotlight is on him tonight.

S

saltman23

Vikings seem to be playing well so far... Me, being a Bears fan, hates both teams...rooting for a tie.

aw2x3

Not a fan of either team...but I was hoping the Vikes would stomp Green Bay...and, as of right now, they've played a far superior game. It's turning out to be a great game, though.
I bet Green Bay is kicking themselves, for letting Favre go.

9supratt4

Well #4 did it!! I'm just so tired of hearing his name!!
But can't take it away from him that he is up there with the best of all time!!

t316

Unbelievable....
Love him or hate him, the guy is unreal. He deserves his spot in the HOF. Great game...

And yes, it was kind of sad looking at the GB management, and players, knowing that they regret not having him. But I don't blame them a bit for moving on. He was the one playing the fence.

crypt keeper

If you hate the guy you're flat out ignorant. He retired after a great season originally. 13-3 one game from the super bowl. He felt he left something on the field which its obvious he did.
You are watching a living legend your grand kids could only dream of watching play. Take that smile and say wow at 40 this man can play some football better than 98% of the qbs out there.

9supratt4

Originally Posted by crypt keeper
http:///forum/post/3149502
If you hate the guy you're flat out ignorant. He retired after a great season originally. 13-3 one game from the super bowl. He felt he left something on the field which its obvious he did.
You are watching a living legend your grand kids could only dream of watching play. Take that smile and say wow at 40 this man can play some football better than 98% of the qbs out there.
I believe he left that something on the field against the Giants!!!

I agree though....he is amazing....and after the way he played last night, he shows that at 40 he can still play with the best of them!!

T

tizzo

T, I'm right with you. I absolutely hated the retirement attention thing... Twice! But I did want him to win this one. They all thought he was to old to keep playing. I love sweet justice.
I, like you, am also a panthers fan. They have left a lot to be desired these Last couple years but they will stay my team... I just hate watching them, lol