Painting a glass tank?

I just got a used 150 gal and i want to paint the back. any suggestions on what colors everyone likes the best. and what kind of paint do you use that sticks to the glass. oh yeah stand will be black.

9supratt4

I painted mine black. I think it looks the best as blue looks too Pet Store like.
I used Rustoleum Universal, All-Purpose Spray paint. It worked great!!

ifirefight

You can paint it like stated above....or..some people use limo tint (car/home window tint). Not very expensive and can be purchased at your local home improvement store.

grue

Painted my friends 72bf with a can of painters touch glossy. I just dumped half the can on the back used a brush to help it even out. Used a blow dryer (No heat) to help smooth it out.(Wasn't neccary) Cam out great!

Grue

sly

Originally Posted by iverson387
http:///forum/post/2786952
can you still clean the back with a mag float without it chipping when you paint it?
No. It will chip. I never clean the back glass... It gives the snails something to munch on.

Painted mine black also, you can spray it or use a brush, I used a brush with just some regular latex paint. Put one coat on let dry and then put another coat on, turned out great.