Painting in the house w/ yer tank

saltymom

Our house is going up for sale in 10 days..the realator wants us to paint the intire inside of the house in the next week..
I didnt think you should be painting in a house with a saltwater tank?? Anyone ever painted in the house with thier tank ?

jdm_ae86

Its not going to be good for the tank..bad air everywhere,but.. you can try cover your tank with those big plastic sheets they use to cover furniture..

dburr

If it's going up for sale can it be moved to another room or a friends house. I know, I know, it sucks to move a reef, but it may be the best thing for it. Just thought i'd throw that out for ya.

lovethesea

We pjainted several rooms without incident. Now if its oil based it would be a different story. Or kilz (which would kill a human IMO from the fumes alone :eek: nasty smellin' stuff)
But just latex, I don't think so. Maybe open a window and place a fan in the room with the tank. :)

calvindo

i recently had my house repainted. your tank should be okay, imo... just dont let the painter use paint spray. i had them brush the entire house. keep all the windows open to air out the house. you should be doing that anyways.

saltymom

yes, for real on the open windows! The weather is perfect for that now finally, its not too hot out.....and good point about the latex paint..I hadnt thought about the diff. between oil and latex.. I was only thinking oil! See..I knew you guys could help me out! I am so stressin the way it is!
...and 180+ gallons of reeftank is too much to move around and stress out more times than ya really have too! If it were a 55 or maybe even a 75 I might consider that....but, We are not movin that monster until it goes in the new place...and THEN we will paint the space we left UNpainted behind it! hehe..
Thanks everyone
I was realllly glad to hear from u lovethesea & Calvindo, since you guys have painted without disaster...I feel a whole lot better now!