painting the room a tank is in?

skirrby

hey you all, we might be soon painting the inside of the house,, with my reeftank being in one of the rooms to be painted, what all precautions should i take, and does anyone have advice on how to go about it without causeing any loss or harm to the reeftank?

drew2005

Originally Posted by skirrby
hey you all, we might be soon painting the inside of the house,, with my reeftank being in one of the rooms to be painted, what all precautions should i take, and does anyone have advice on how to go about it without causeing any loss or harm to the reeftank?
You should be ok with covering the tank with a sheet or something and keep the room ventilated. I dont see any problems unless you actually drop paint in the tank.

maxalmon

Depends on the type of paint used and which state your from because some paint types can use various chemicals in one state and not in another. Just to be safe, for a couple of bucks you can make a tent framework around the tank out of PVC pipe and joints, wrap and tape into place thin painters tarp then use flexible dryer ducting to vent air to the tank using outside air from a window and a cheap small fan until the fumes are gone.