pair of black perc. hosting goniopora.

flame guy

every now and then they host my goniopora, They also host a BTA mostly especially at night. Will they damage my goniopora?

treybom

how come urs are all black but bang guys and all other times i see those fish they haav a orange face?

g13

Originally Posted by treybom
how come urs are all black but bang guys and all other times i see those fish they haav a orange face?

As they get older the orange seems to disappear. Not in all cases, I've seen some 2-3 inch black percs with orange faces. I think your best bet is to purchase them when they are amall and very close to being completely black. I purchased my 2 percs and both had very lttle orange on their face (my first perc came from swf.com, so i got lucky). But my male, I purchased from a LFS about 5 months later with little orange on his face also and they are both currently jet black. My male is the one on my avatar.

bigb

I wouldn't worry too much about them damaging the flowerpot, it will die soon anyway. They are not an easy coral to keep, your clowns aren't a contributing factor. Seek out mudplayer I believe he is one of the few here that has success with the gonioporas.

liverock27

Great looking clowns. I just purchased two black percs yesterday for my 29g reef. I was wondering what you feed your clowns?