Pair Of Ocellaris and Pair of Clarkii Clowns in same tank?

scott t

I was just looking at Clownfish and was reading that the tank-bred Ocellaris and Clarkii Clownfish can be housed in the Same tank if it is large enough and they are added at the same time. What would be a large enough Tank for you to have a pair of each in?? Does anyone know or has anyone tried this at all.. Was just wondering if this would be possible in a 55 gal tank?

scott t

See this is one thing that I have read:
Tank raised clownfish are not nearly as aggressive. Because these clownfish are raised in a group setting without host anemones, they usually do not develop these territorial aggressive tendencies. They are less likely to be aggressive to tank mates or other species of clownfish. In fact, one of the advantages of many of the tank raised clownfish is that they can be housed with other clownfish of the same or even different species. If the clownfish are added to the aquarium at the same time when they are young, they will often live together peacefully for their entire lives.

flower

Originally Posted by Scott T
http:///forum/post/3293256
See this is one thing that I have read:
Tank raised clownfish are not nearly as aggressive. Because these clownfish are raised in a group setting without host anemones, they usually do not develop these territorial aggressive tendencies. They are less likely to be aggressive to tank mates or other species of clownfish. In fact, one of the advantages of many of the tank raised clownfish is that they can be housed with other clownfish of the same or even different species. If the clownfish are added to the aquarium at the same time when they are young, they will often live together peacefully for their entire lives.

I don't think you can have both in a 55g, they are talking about those really big tanks. So pick your favorite. I am no expert, so keep doing research..And maybe some others will chime in who have more experience.

scott t

Thanks Flower Was just asking because been doing Research on the Fish that I want to add to my Tank when it is set up and running... You know there is so much information out there from Reliable and Unreliable Sources that you dont know what to believe sometimes, and I trust a lot of the people on here to give me the right information...

flower

Originally Posted by Scott T
http:///forum/post/3293258
Thanks Flower Was just asking because been doing Research on the Fish that I want to add to my Tank when it is set up and running... You know there is so much information out there from Reliable and Unreliable Sources that you dont know what to believe sometimes, and I trust a lot of the people on here to give me the right information...

Oh I agree 100%...I have heard you can add several species of clowns in the same tank...but only in those 180g and up tanks, not something small like your 55g or my 90g.
I like the tomato clowns myself but I have the true perc and they are so dang hardy, I don’t think they will ever die of anything but old age…LOL, so choose wisely.

S

smartorl

It wasn't ideal but when the 'canes came through and we went without power for several weeks I had to consolodate and I had a two pairs of Oscellaris and a pair of Clarkii's in the same 55 gallon. There is a thread here somewhere. All were mature pairs, the tank housed one Oscellaris pair previously. I had no issues, which I really didn't expect since I had all of them for a few years and they were relatively peaceful fish.
Before it was all said and done, I also had to put a tomato clown single in there because it was getting bullied badly in the other larger tank and still peace prevailed. The tomato made me nervous because it was a nippy fish, and had nailed me a few times when I got into it's space.
Everyone had their space and at feeding times, they just fed and returned to their territories.
Again, this wasn't ideal. I had to reduce 6 tanks down to two so that we could keep them running with a generator. These two tanks were overstocked and while some of the fish got out of hand, the clowns were all peaceful. We were also doing almost daily water changes to keep things stable, especially considering that we were forced to use tap water.

scott t

Thanks Just was wondering if it would be possible.. Just trying to get Ideas when my tank is up and running...