Pairing a Gold Stripe Marron Clown

knockout

what are my chances? I have a GSM for two years now, he/she is not really aggressive to other fish although she bites me every time I get my hand in the tank... I got it from this site two years ago, I am thinking to get a small mate for it since I am upgrading to a 215 tank, you think he can make it

unleashed

well your chances are ok if you remove the present clown and re add him at the same time you add the new clown this will separate his dominance in the tank...i have had 3 maroon clown living in one anemone at the same time doing it this way... mating on the other hand is touch and go

knockout

that is some good news, do you think I'll be ok by adding the new smaller fish first to the new tank and my current clown a few days later.

unleashed

Originally Posted by knockout
http:///forum/post/2860873
that is some good news, do you think I'll be ok by adding the new smaller fish first to the new tank and my current clown a few days later.
you still may end up having aggressions from the 2 new fish against the larger older fish if you can place the 2 new ones into a qt for that time it may be your best bet then as i stated add the 3 at the same time.. remember there is no guarantee they will all do well together at all .. I just know it has been done cus i did it this way.

knockout

not sure what 2 new fish you're refering to! I will add 1 new small clown to the existing probably close to 2" maroon I have.... what do you think about this... I will remove the fish from the tank and place in my QT tank, use a screen to divide the tank and add the small new fish on the other side of the screen, let them look at each other for a couple of days, then replace the screen with eggcrate, the little fish could go back and forth to both sides of the eggcrate but the big one cannot chase him... your thoughts.

knockout

finally received my juvenile clown... added him to the QT tank and today I added my bigger clown to the tank, so far they are being nice, no chasing, just hanging out... eggcrate if he needs a quick escape!