Pajama Cardinal

see money

I have a 10gal qt set up with a 100w auto heater & a 150 pengiun filter. I put my turbo snail, hermit crab, and pajama cardinal in here because my main tank is cycling. I bought some omega one flake food at the lfs. When i try and feed my cardinal he attacks all the lil flakes floating down but spits them all out..Can anyone enlighten me on this? Im getting scared he's getting no food in his belly. Also I put a bunch of sea shells in the bottom because the hermit couldnt walk on the glass bottom, he was just walking the perimeter on the silicone. I try and feed the cardinal a couple tiny pinches 2-3 times a day, he gulps and spits all the flakes....

culp

my two cardinal fish did the same thing for about a week before they finally started to eat flakes.

see money

kinda wierd isnt it? they must be getting nutrition some how..2 weeks.. maybe they do ingest some parts of the flakes but spit the majority of them out? maybe their mouths have to get used to eating flakes? idk..

vavra6

my new fish are always like that... but if you are really worried try giving them some different food like primereef flakes, but if you dont feel like paying an extra 6 bucks stick with the food you got they will adapt.

1990jpyj

i have one and he will not eat the flakes at all he waits for the pellets and thats all he eats. every now and again he might eat some brine or mysis. but thats not to often