Pajama Cardinal

I am thinking about upgrading to a 10 gallon. Currently i have a 5.5 with a green clown goby and 2 --- shrimp. How reef safe is this fish, and how friendly is it to other tank mates? I want to try and get a baby one (basically a really small one) Any information on this cool little fish would be helpful

girlina4x4

I have two. they are pretty cool fish. They dont do much, mostly stay in one place. I think a 10 gallon still might be a bit small. But other than that, very peaceful. Ive only got mushrooms, which they have never bothered or even go near.

yeah thats why i wanted to get a small one. I hate when people try and justify stuff like this but i actually do plan on upgrading if i get the 10 to a 20 this summer so yeah haha. Just starting to gather info on them so thanks for the post

girlina4x4

No prob. If you can wait until January, that pet and co place will have tanks for a dollar per gallon. 20 gall= $20!

lol ive only got a dorm room >.< ive seen these kept in a 5.5 gallon before (not something id ever do) so I dont think a 10 would be bad would it?

big

The PJ is a good little fish. Being that is my wife's initials we have 3 of them in our 72....... In that small of a tank one would do...........
Also as to being Reef safe, yes I have lots of corals no issues with a PJ.....

M

marineang

I know $ can be an issue with the expenses of this hobby as well as you being in college, i've been there. I really wanted to post to mention that if you take a look on craigslist, there are people giving away tanks and selling them very cheap - it won't hurt to take a look. I bought my 3rd tank - a 29 and my 75g from their too and had great experiences. Worth a shot because I'd think if your upgrading, go up a little higher, and if you check this out, I'm sure it will happen really easily for you.