Paly Problems

poop_head

Ok the last 3 group of Palys I've bought have all died. The first two were just small cheap frags, but I have a couple of teal blues that I just bought that I think are on there way out. The first day I got them one opened half way and then closed up like the rest and none have opened since and its the same way with the others I got. I do have zoas right now that are opening and are fine. The LFS told me to check my phosphates so I did and they were fine, maybe a small trace. Each time they close up and get like a redish/green color on them and then they get covered in isopods or copepods and night and disappear. Not sure if they are dead and eaten by them or are killed and eaten by them. Please any help or info would be nice. I also checked my other parameters and they checked out at near zeros. I have a ten gallon with plenty of PC lighting. Here is a pick of my current blues that are getting the red/green coloring.

ric maniac

check out zoaid.com they tell different diseases and irritants of zoas and palys. (sorry if i cant post that site. i dont think it sells stuff.)

poop_head

Ya I just went to that sight and it didn't talk much about diseases at all. Just like a pimpling sort of disease and it mentioned some horrible "zoa fungus" with no further details. Maybe I'm missing some link or something? Maybe I got that fungus?

weberian

What is your alk and calcium readings? When mine were off, the pods were munching on my yellow palys real bad. You could try 2-3 drops of reef iodine per day also.