Panther Grouper ???s

m34u2nv

hey i just got a Panther Grouper he is about one and a half inches and he is with three damsels in a 30 gallon. he is doing great. what are some things that i need to know and how fast does is grow if you feed it twice a day?
thanks

whitey

Going forward, it's probably best if you ask these questions BEFORE buying the fish. A Panther Grouper should never be in a 30 gallon if you plan on keeping it longer than a few months.

patandlace

I hope you plan on upsizing your tank soon. They get to be over 2 feet long. It will need atleast a 180-200 gallon tank when full grown

1journeyman

Originally Posted by M34U2NV
hey i just got a Panther Grouper he is about one and a half inches and he is with three damsels in a 30 gallon. he is doing great. what are some things that i need to know and how fast does is grow if you feed it twice a day?
thanks
Welcome to the boards.
Is this the same tank as your Tang?
The grouper needs to be returned to the pet store. It produces too much waste and will grow too big to be in your tank.

d0 thy d3w

true dat!!!! i wouldnt keep anything that big in less than a 500gallon tank! it might not need that much..but fish dont want to be cramped and depressed..they need lots of room to be happy!

renogaw

that panther grouper, while AWESOME looking, will eat everything you put in your tank. resist impulse buys :)

m34u2nv

yes i know it will out grow the 30 gallon i did not want to up it in my 70 gallon with my 5in voliton lionfish. i am finishing up my 180 soon then start cycleing it.

whitey

Well, good luck.
A 180 is still too small for a full grown Panther Grouper.
Though it looks cool now with the bright white and black, in a few months it will be one of the ugliest fish in your tank. They don't stay like that.
You need to research more before you buy saltwater fish if you're going to succeed.
Impulse buys are dumb.