Panther grouper?

newsalt16

I have a 75g that i'm switching over to an aggressive tank. Do any of you have panthers and do u like them? recomend them? anything at all would be helpful! thanks!

tx reef

Your tank is way too small for a Panther Grouper. Even if you get a small one, it WILL outgrow your tank very quickly.

N

nereef

the panther grouper will reach sizes close to or over 2 feet.
a 75 aggressive could be:
fuzzy dwarf lion
clarkii clown
snowflake eel
flame angel

gnorman

he just asked if it would work... and now one of you are telling him an entire aggressive fish set up.why do u people always have to flame.

team2jndd

well yeah you are right about the outgrowing. Mine went from 1 inch to 6 in about a year and a half. However, there are plenty of aggressive fish that can go in a 75. It would help to know your specs. lr and filtrationl.

lion_crazz

GNorman, I do not see anyone in this post flaming newsalt16. He asked a legitimate question and got a legitimate answer. NEreef was simply giving some suggestions.
I agree with everyone, however. A panther grouper in a 75 gallon tank is just asking for trouble.

N

nereef

Originally Posted by team2jndd
well yeah you are right about the outgrowing. Mine went from 1 inch to 6 in about a year and a half. However, there are plenty of aggressive fish that can go in a 75. It would help to know your specs. lr and filtrationl.
i agree. let's see some specs. what else do you want for inhabitants.

N

nereef

Originally Posted by GNorman
he just asked if it would work... and now one of you are telling him an entire aggressive fish set up.why do u people always have to flame.
here's the deal. i could have answered his question with "nope," but that wouldn't be very helpful. it would be better to say "no, because the fish gets too large." the most helpful thing to do, in my opinion, is to say that it won't work, tell him why, and give other suggestions to replace the fish that won't work.

N

nereef

Originally Posted by readster
man, i just put a 7" panther in my 55 gal fish only tank, i guess i'm in big trouble !!!!
its tankmates probably are, lol. this is a fixable situation though.

leftyblite

My wife wanted a panther grouper for our 150G tank after she saw several at the local LFS. I kept trying to tell her that they get too big. We went to the Long Beach aquarium yesterday and I pointed out an adult panther grouper which was around 2 feet long. She changed her mind fast.

chilwil84

blueline, v-tail, miniatus in aquarium should stay in the 11-14" range making a 150 or 200 being okay but larger is always better

taznut

i really like the panthers but i have a 29... i like the looks of the small ones though... could some one post a pic of a bigger one i have never seen it... and no im not thinking about getting one...

m5beast

The miniatus groupers are beautiful, but very shy and will hide in the rocks alot like the typical grouper. The Panthers are out alot more

happypants

I have added a panther grouper to my 75 gallon and I know I will be getting a larger tank next year. I have had him for three months now and he might have grown a little. They are wonderful creatures and mine has a great personality. :happyfish

happypants

Originally Posted by readster
man, i just put a 7" panther in my 55 gal fish only tank, i guess i'm in big trouble !!!!

LOLERZ :hilarious