Panthers...

jkvjl

Tizzo, sorry to say they stink..I lost money on them but I blame myself after all the Pats play within miles of my home and after seeing what we did to the panther's in the bowl I should have known.
lol

T

tizzo

BLAAAAAAH. My bro lost money too, see the whole economical stability of the country depended on that game.
Oh well, next week...

jkvjl

Smith breaks leg against Packers
By AARON BEARD, AP Sports Writer
September 14, 2004
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) -- Carolina wide receiver Steve Smith broke his left leg in the fourth quarter of the Panthers' loss to the Green Bay Packers on Monday night.
Smith was injured when he was tackled after a short catch by Hannibal Navies with 4:52 to play in Carolina's 24-14 loss. Navies fell on Smith's leg while he pulled the receiver down from behind near the Carolina sideline.
Smith dropped writhing to the ground with a broken fibula, and was helped off the field by team personnel. It's unclear how long Smith -- who signed a $27.5 million contract extension during the offseason -- will be out.
ADVERTISEMENT
``I knew immediately something was wrong,'' Smith said, standing with crutches in the locker room after the game. ``I might cry a little. But what are you going to do? Last year we didn't have hardly any injuries and this year I am the first victim.''
The injury is a big loss for the Panthers' offense. Smith, who had six catches for 60 yards Monday, gave Carolina a deep threat to complement the Panthers' run-oriented attack.
``It definitely hurts,'' wide receiver Muhsin Muhammad said. ``You'd be a fool to deny that. Steve's our home-run hitter. He's a big-play guy.''
Smith led the Panthers with career highs of 88 catches, 1,110 yards and seven touchdowns last season, helping the team reach its first Super Bowl. He had 404 yards and three touchdowns in the playoffs, including the game-winning 69-yard TD catch in a double-overtime win against St. Louis.
Smith's injury could mean more catches for 36-year-old Ricky Proehl and rookie Keary Colbert, a second-round draft pick out of Southern California.
``We're going to have to keep on pushing,'' Panthers defensive tackle Kris Jenkins said. ``But that's going to be a big void for us that we're going to have to fill in. Everybody else is going to have to pick up that slack.''

liontamer

Originally posted by Magic_Carp
or kalk in the aiptasia as i like to say it! :D

LOSER!!!!!!!
LOL, jk. Well, lemme be the first to say... GO GIANTS!!!!!!

asbury030

Originally posted by Liontamer
LOSER!!!!!!!
LOL, jk. Well, lemme be the first to say... GO GIANTS!!!!!!

Dude i dont know why u are even mentioning the giants in this thread because they got killed by the eagles. I wouldnt even let anyone know i was a fan after the game against the eagles.

birdy

I will comiserate with you Tiz, the Chiefs sucked so bad on Sunday night I was so mad, new defense my a**, the defense was worse than last year.

atf88

i just have to say that everyone thinks it was an "upset" victory...but nope. PACKERS ALL THE WAY!!!!! SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!!!!
also, id like to mention that Nick Banrett is going to be better than L.T. and Ray Lewis combined....:eek:

jkvjl

_
_
_
Panthers: Davis out_
_
By NFL.com Fantasy Extra staff
(Sept. 17, 2004) -- Panthers starting RB Stephen Davis will undergo arthroscopic surgery this afternoon on his knee, a surgery that will keep him out for two to five weeks.
Backup RB DeShaun Foster will fill in for him. We'll have more on this story later in our practice report.

T

tizzo

And Lionfish, you know you're a BROWNS fan. Everyone who lives in Ohio is either a Browns fan or a Pittsburg fan...
LOL