parents got own3d!1!

pwnag3!!

Ok so my parents come to work last night and sit in my section to have some desserts, and they tell me that someone stole their identity!!!
My dad owns some buffalo and ordered a book from the national bison association. Well a man called back to their house asking for the CVC number on the back of the card, So he could verify the account.
Yesterday the credit card company calls my parents to ask if they had authorized anyone to use their card in new hampshire to order pizza.
Well the person who had their info was ordering pizza from dominos. They ordered two days in a row but dominos got suspicious when the realized these people did not have the card. So they reported it to the police. The card company immediatley put a watch on the card and sure enough someone had used it to buy some instruments at a music store.
So they put a lock on the card and canceled it. Hopefully the music store had cameras so they can bust this fellow.
When my parents get home they have two calls on their machine. One from the credit card company and one from a man in another state.
The man in the other state said he was on an Efnet IRC chat room and saw my fathers info spammed in the chat room. Being a diligent citizen he decided to call my dad and tell him what exactly was going on.
So turns out the bison companies website had been hacked and the cracker gained control of their order database to civil engineer the CVC codes out of people.
Anyone ever get a credit card of theirs stolen by crackers?

nas19320

I have, not really sure how they got the info. They got all my info including address and cell phone number. I got credited back all the money but as far as I know they never found out who did it.

pwnag3!!

there are tons of ways to spoof where you are coming from and tons of ways to get the info out of databases. But i hope they catch the person.

lionkiller

Anyone ever get a credit card of theirs stolen by crackers?

Was it a Ritz or Saltine?
Soprry, couldn't resist. But That does suck. I had my CC stolen once and it took over three months to straighten out. I can't imagine if my entire ID was stolen.
I did find out a few months ago someone was using My girlfriends SS number. An ilegal alien, but they got busted. You got to watch everything you give your info out on these days. It sucks.

T

tizzo

AH It don't matter!! I had a card stolen from my house. The idiot woman went to a jewelery store with her 2 teen age sons ordered $600 in jewelry, and the idiot left her contact info to be called when it was ready for pick up.
The jeweler guy remembered my card, my name and the person who handed him the card. He had her addy and phone number. She made about 6 purchases before my CC co put a freeze on the card. Almost all of the retailers remembered her...
The kicker...
They didn't steal from "ME" they stole from citi-bank (or whoever), the CCco had to press charges. They are based out of Atlanta so it would cost to much money to send a rep up to testify in court. They would do nothing!! I had this womans name and address and they would do nothing!! And their was nothing I could do. She broke into my house. I thought I had something there, but the cops said, "Just because this woman has your cards, does not mean she's the one who broke into your house."
Possession is 9/10ths of the law my butt!!
So if you ever come accross a card that doesn't belong to you...USE IT!! It will not benefit anybody to be a good citizen and return it!!
Oooohhh, that brings back frustrating memories!!
:mad:

T

tizzo

OK, so like 4 people replied to this thread... Who's s'posed to email you??

bradttu

Originally posted by Tizzo
OK, so like 4 people replied to this thread... Who's s'posed to email you??

The person that emailed me knew I was talking to them.