paypal help

thirty6

my account is setup, or so i thought. i went to pay for something on auction site, by using credit card through paypal. It automatically sent me to a screen that requested bank account number and routing number. Why is that, i was going to pay with credit card? im guessing the seller can not collect from cc company or am i way off on this? thanks in advance

socal57che

VERIFY WEBSITE!!!
Instructions on how are on both auction site and REAL paypal site.
DO NOT GIVE THIS INFO!!!

socal57che

Before you pay, contact auction site for official reason that this info was requested. You don't have to pay immediately. Contact seller as well and let them know what is happening. Communication is always appreciated...they will understand.

seannmelly

Originally Posted by socal57che
Before you pay, contact auction site for official reason that this info was requested. You don't have to pay immediately. Contact seller as well and let them know what is happening. Communication is always appreciated...they will understand.

some items if you use the buy it now require imediate payment

schneidts

Originally Posted by thirty6
my account is setup, or so i thought. i went to pay for something on auction site, by using credit card through paypal. It automatically sent me to a screen that requested bank account number and routing number. Why is that, i was going to pay with credit card? im guessing the seller can not collect from cc company or am i way off on this? thanks in advance
Have you verified your cc for extended use? Go log into your paypal account. Go to profile, then Credit cards. See if you have one listed for primary. If not, they probably want an extended use # before you can use it.

gregghia

Paypal usually goes through checking/savings account where the CC is only a backup method of payment.
But yes I would check the site. I have paid before and had bogus emails fired to me immediately after the pyment was good only to find out that the email from from an imposter....

myreef05

You might have to go to "change payment" option. Any bank account or cc info. you put in there will create another option.
It will automatically go to your default account.
Say I want to use my paypal balance and then pay the rest of the amount using a cc etc., click the change payment method or option and you should be able to see the accounts in there. HTH

thirty6

i think the problem was no checking account attached to paypal, it was just cc. im thinking that would fix the problem???

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Likely an attempt to steal your info to gainess to your $$. Contact paypal and the auction site directly about this matter.

reckler

you can go directly to paypals web site and enter the info you need to pay for it. watch the address bar at the top and you will see the address changed from http to https. the s is for secure. if you don't have that then don't enter your info. it is not a secure site.
Pay pal requires information on you and your account to ensure that if you do have someone steal your info, you will be able to stop it before it get out of control. also, Do Not ever reply ot a paypal email about your account. that is called phishing. people with make a fradulant site and send you and email saying that your information has been compromised and you need to click on the link and enter you info to change your password.
if you get an email like that, just send it to paypal's spoof deptartment.
I think it is spoof@paypal.com
good luck