PBT with copperbanded butterfly?

harlequinnut

Anybody ever kept a powder blue tang with a copperbanded butterfly together in the same tank before or currently? I just added the copperbanded to my 150 with my established pbt and the pbt wouldn't stop chasing the butterfly. It was as if they were not meant to exist in the same tank or ocean! Maybe it's just me. :notsure:

marineman

I do and they get along pretty good. My CB butterfly gets chased now and then by my clown & PBTangs but no harm is done. Fish aggression is caused by # of factors not just the species being mixed together ( size of tank, # of hidding places, order of fish added to tank, food competition). provide lots of rock caves and crevices for the escape of aggression helps alot! Good luck, Mman

harlequinnut

Thanks! The cbb is cowering in the corner, the aggression is less intense but still present. I'll keep you updated.

J

jackie dh

I have a Heniocus and a purple tang in my tank, and they fuss some times but there's never any damage. The big angel chases him more, but the butterfly moves to fast for either one of them.
I love having a big tank! I even have two maroon clowns that live 6" apart with out even a torn fin.