PC bulb replacement

earlybird

Okay I have a 29g with the 30" Coralife Lunar 130 watt fixture. It has 2 straight pin bulbs one 65 watt 10K and one 65 watt actinic.
I see that coralife and current both have straight pin bulbs will current bulbs fit my fixture? Is there a better bulb such as SunPaq Dual Daylight 6700°K/10000°K or SunPaq Dual Actinic 420/460nm or should I stick with the bulbs I have?

m0nk

Originally Posted by earlybird
http:///forum/post/2510635
Okay I have a 29g with the 30" Coralife Lunar 130 watt fixture. It has 2 straight pin bulbs one 65 watt 10K and one 65 watt actinic.
I see that coralife and current both have straight pin bulbs will current bulbs fit my fixture? Is there a better bulb such as SunPaq Dual Daylight 6700°K/10000°K or SunPaq Dual Actinic 420/460nm or should I stick with the bulbs I have?
I wouldn't go the dual daylight route, personally. I have a Current Dual Satellite fixture and it came with the dual daylight; I swapped out those with strait 10k daylight and you could really see a big difference. The dual daylight bulbs give it a bit too much yellow, imo.
As for whether they'd fit, I believe they will though I don't know for sure because I've never tried to cross brands on PC lighting, but it works just fine on every other lighting type (VHO, T5, MH), so I don't see why it wouldn't work. The reasoning for the pin styles is so they'll be cross fixture compatible. Hope that helps!

earlybird

Originally Posted by m0nk
http:///forum/post/2510659
I wouldn't go the dual daylight route, personally. I have a Current Dual Satellite fixture and it came with the dual daylight; I swapped out those with strait 10k daylight and you could really see a big difference. The dual daylight bulbs give it a bit too much yellow, imo.
As for whether they'd fit, I believe they will though I don't know for sure because I've never tried to cross brands on PC lighting, but it works just fine on every other lighting type (VHO, T5, MH), so I don't see why it wouldn't work. The reasoning for the pin styles is so they'll be cross fixture compatible. Hope that helps!
I'll probably end up keeping the same lights for convenience.
Curious about the dual actinic though. Thanks.

keith burn

I like a 50/50 bulb in my 2/bulbs sys's.
With 1 day and 1 blue the look is so so.
With a 50/50 the light looks even to me.

scopus tang

I like the new blue actinic. When mixed with the old actinic and the 10K, you get a much truer color out of your corals IMO.