PC lighting

jacrmill

I have had a FO system for awhile now, since I have always had terrible lighting. But I was thinking about buying a 130 Watt PC light. My tank is a 37 gallon, and I was just hoping to keep some easily kept corals for awhile. I dont think I am going to get an anemone. So what would I be able to keep with this? anything at all? or is it not worth buying this lighting system? Thanks for all your help...

b bauer

I have 130w pc on a 36g now and have xenia,shrooms,acans,and zoos all growing well.I am changing to t5 because of heat and the cost of lamps also can grow more sps.

jacrmill

im sure the depth is important. my tank is about 21 inches deep. do you still think that I would be able to keep them? I really appreciatte your help, i think ill price some T5s also...

jacrmill

how much do the lights cost, and how often should you replace them? also, are you getting rid of your PC? ive always thought clams were beautiful, woud they be an option?

jacrmill

so if they are iffy on t5, Im guessing they are a no on PC. But thats ok, i would just like to add a little more color, maybe with some shrums. sounds like it might work. how often would i need to change the PC bulbs?