PC lights...how deep can I go?

I have two ballasts and endcaps for PC lights that I was going to use on a FW planted tank a few years ago but never followed through with the plan. So they have been sitting around collecting dust. Well, I have decided I want to do another SW tank and I am debating on a 20L and a 29. With the 20L I am not too concerned about using PC lights. But the depth of the 29 is 6 inches deeper so I want to check to make sure that these lights will still work. The ballasts I have will allow me to run as many as four 65 watt bulbs. Also, if I go with the 29 gallon I will run it with a DSB so that will take about 5" away from the depth of the water. I am not looking to keep any high light corals, just low and medium light stuff for now and while the PC's are running I can save up for a T5 setup.

thangbom

i will give them 12'' under lights for the easier stuff ( shrooms, gsp, xenia, ect.. even zoo's imo but dont expect crazy growth)
YzGyz

Well, after thinking about it I think I will just get the T5 setup, well, at least half of it. I figure the cost of the PC bulbs will be nearly half the price of a 2 bulb T5 setup so I might as well out the extra few dollars and get the T5 and I can save the PC for my FW tank of even sell them to help pay for the T5. Thanks for the help.