pco1988's 210gal System

pco1988

Hey everyone, its been a while since I last posted here. Last time I was setting up my 210gal tank, and well since then I have changed the design. The "old" oceanic sump has come out and has been replaced by a new custom made sump. I plan on having water in the tank by next weekend. I will update you guys when some thing else happens.
Here are some pictures of the new sump with it components:

Philip

pco1988

Originally Posted by Drewsta
very nice sump!! Is there a refugium in there somewhere?
No, I wish but space did not allow. The little tank in the middle is a top off tank.
Philip

pco1988

Originally Posted by petjunkie
Looks so clean! Wish it was mine you lucky sob.
It took lots of planning and time. This project started back in April. I am just now getting the thing put together.
Philip

drewsta

I was just looking and wondering what kind of return pump or pumps are you using? Also did you plumb the overflows into the sump yet?

pco1988

The return pump is the Red Dragon Pump on the right side of the sump. No the overflows have not yet to been plumbed in yet.
Philip

pco1988

The canister on the far left is a Deltec Kalk Stirrer which incoperates kalk into the tank whenever it tops it's self off. The other two are Deltec Fluidized Reactors. You can put any type of media that you want into them, they are just very expensive phosbans. Personally I am putting carbon in one and phos in the other.
The sump works like this:
1) Water enters on the left and through the protein skimmer, it also goes through an Eheim pump (not shown) for the fluidized reactors.
2) Next the water passes under the first divider and flows into the last divider where the water is pumped up into the calcium reactor
3) Then into the Red Dragon pump to then go to the back room into the chiller and UV to then come back and enter the tank.
For the Auto Top Off:
1) Water enters the top off tank via the float valve connected to the RO/DI unit in the back room.
2) The water than sits in the top off tank until needed, when needed the Tunze Osmilator pumps the water through the kalk stirrer and then get put into the tank
Philip

philgmiami

Originally Posted by pco1988
The canister on the far left is a Deltec Kalk Stirrer which incoperates kalk into the tank whenever it tops it's self off. The other two are Deltec Fluidized Reactors. You can put any type of media that you want into them, they are just very expensive phosbans. Personally I am putting carbon in one and phos in the other.
The sump works like this:
1) Water enters on the left and through the protein skimmer, it also goes through an Eheim pump (not shown) for the fluidized reactors.
2) Next the water passes under the first divider and flows into the last divider where the water is pumped up into the calcium reactor
3) Then into the Red Dragon pump to then go to the back room into the chiller and UV to then come back and enter the tank.
For the Auto Top Off:
1) Water enters the top off tank via the float valve connected to the RO/DI unit in the back room.
2) The water than sits in the top off tank until needed, when needed the Tunze Osmilator pumps the water through the kalk stirrer and then get put into the tank
Philip
..HOW MUCH DOES SOMETHING LIKE THAT SUMP GO FOR WITH EVERYTHING?.DAMMMM ITS NICE

pco1988

Thanks, I forget the entire amount but the sump with everything in there has cost me an estimated $9,000 (this is also including the chiller and UV in the back room).
Philip

whitey_028

technology at its best but and if he does the technical side this nicely id like to see the ideas he has for a fuge with the same effort.

pco1988

Pat713 - LOL :hilarious But I think I will stay with my tank
The tank is going to comtrolled using a custom computer (not an off the shelf one), with custom software connected to a IBM ThinkPad.
For a fuge, I haven't thought about it yet. I was no the only one involved with the sump. The person who made it came up with a lot of the ideas. He basically took the guideline I gave him and went crazy.
Philip

coachklm

Originally Posted by pco1988
He basically took the guideline I gave him and went crazy.
Philip
I would to for $9,000