PC's VHO's MH's T5's ?????

adamc1303

I was thinking the same being that i didn't know much about lighting untill I posted this thread. But I think it will be t5.

usinkit

I think T-5 are the way togo. On another saltwater forum they had a tank of the month that wa 75 gallons running 4x54 watt T-5's and it was a sps tank and i think he had clams to.

X

xrobbx03

really so that means when i get my lighting up and running with 2x95 vho and 4x39 t5 i should be able to keep the same

X

xrobbx03

i knew i was going to be able to keep like any kind of soft but some sps would be nice too.

adamc1303

Yup me to, I can level with you on that one. I go to the LFS and I see these wives pushing their husbands to buy things and i'm thinking I wish that was me. I always say it was FREE I traded something in. loll

clownfish0

Originally Posted by oceana
i hope you realize how closeminded this statment is. you could have said the same thing about MH around 6 years ago. over seas EVERYONE uses t5. its just building here in the US soon i predict PC will be as popular as NO lighting
NO lighting is just cheap. It is really only used for freshwater tanks so I don't know why you are comparing it to saltwater. and yes I am very aware that T5 is everywhere across the seas. It was invented in Germany and is so popular there because of the little space the bulbs take.
T5 will actually never overtake MH just because they are not as intensive as MH. And there are only certain corals and clams that can be kept with MH.

pesci

Originally Posted by usinkit
I think T-5 are the way togo. On another saltwater forum they had a tank of the month that wa 75 gallons running 4x54 watt T-5's and it was a sps tank and i think he had clams to.

You all convinced me to upgrade to T5s. I was wondering, though... Are they sufficient lighting for anemones? I have a 37 Gallong Cube. Thanks in advance for your expertise.

lubeck

I think you there is a low light anemone or the only type that DOES'NT REQUIRE MH LIGHTING. Mh is the only way to go when your talking about anemones. I did see a moderator say there is a lower light anemone out there though.