People who have a pink sea cucumber in there tanks.

flatzboy

I just recently got a pink sea cucumber at the lfs and i'm well aware of there toxins. I read that the pink ones don't have a bad enogu toxin to hurt fish or coral most of the time. He is my favorite invert. and is so awesome looking! I wanted a sea apple but I read they are really toxic. So the question is how many other people have a sea cucumber in there reef it doesn't have to be the pink one just any sea cucumber? How long have you had it? Has anyone had one die in there tank, what were the effects? Any tips on keeping it?:D

montidanae

the brighter and more color full they are the more toxic they are when they die, i have a sand sifting black cuce, i have had it for about, 6 or 7 months or so, i bought him and he was about 3-4" long, now his about 10'!!! nothign really special, but be carefull not to squish him...

flatzboy

Yeah, I read the same thing about the brighter colored ones being more toxic. I had to restrain myself from buying a sea apple!!! Mine is not to bright but the colors are nice nut no where near as bright as the sea apple!! I love watching sea cucumbers collect food at there little branch thinks that they stick out then pull them in and suck the food of them. Do you no what they call those little branchy tree like things they extend at one end of them? Mine gets up on a rock high up and extends his right into the direction my return line is, he loves the flow!! I just bought 2 seio 620 superflows so they should be coming soon from ----.

montidanae

SEIOS?!?!?!?!? could you e-mail me where you got those? i have been looking ALL over for some! but i havent found any Guppieslayer@yahoo.com
also, it will be a good idea for you to start feeding DT's alittle more ofter, the one you got is a filter feeder and loves to feast on plankton, i could send you some to start a culture if you want.

flatzboy

I got Dt's live plankton, my dad is obsessed with it and feeds crap load of it every day to his tank. I always have a lot of plankton but thanks for the offer. I might set up a plankton gower tank like yours in the future. If I do i'll email you so you can show me how to do it. For the seios just go to ---- and type in seio and there is a seller named maxima something and he sells them for $32.50 buy it know and shipping was $13 to me in florida for 2 of them. I can't wait to get them i'm gonna have my tank turning over 36 times an hour with my return pump and the 3 seios. What I like about them is they don't shoot a jet of flow its real spread out so you don't need like 4 power heads in your tank to keep from getting dead spots. I got a awesome deal on here from splash for an aquac ev120 6 months old for $150!! I'm so excited it should be here sometime next week. I took off the diy euro-reef and the dolphin 560 is the same pump the aquac ev 120 uses so I alread got every think hooked up. I can't wait!!!! I've been adding sps frags for a week know. All I got is a monti digi, un-identified large colonie of a greenish looking acro, a brown acro. In the future when I get some more frags and they start growing and stuff maybe we can swap some frags.

montidanae

yeah i saw the guy on ----, i re-read your post, lol, i'm thinking baout the 820, or the 620, cant decide, i know they are like small cheaper Tunze, and have a large area of flow, but does the outlit spin or something, it looks like it, and it say a 180* flow area.

flatzboy

You can adust which way you want the flow to go it does go back and forth like the power sweep.

flatzboy

Also I was gonna go with the 820's but I calculated up my flow and I think 36 times turn over rated an hour is more then enough! lol

montidanae

yeah im goign to order the 620 on payday! just shelled out $100, for all the excessories for the DIY skimmer and 115oz of Black Diamond Carbon(should laste me a while lol! :D )
im goign to do the Dolphin 560 pump like you, how did it work for you?

flatzboy

It skimmed fine I thin the venturi it comes with is much better then the diy venturi for the magdrive pump. It mixes a heck of a lot more air. Plus you don't have to mess around making one. I forgot to get my paycheck yesterday so I have to go threw the weekend with $20 but I got $75 in my parents paypal acount hehehehe. Also I heard of someone over at -- who uses seio's on a red sea wavemaker and they have held up so far. I'm gonna look into that more and might add 2 more if it works. I'd like to get a 3/4'' sea swirl to for my return line.

montidanae

looks like your getting into buisness, we shoudl be able to trade frags in a couple of months, i have some blue zoos almost ready! when are we going to see some pics of your tank?!?! lol.
dont you love all the different options in lighting,fltration, flow and matinice in this hobby?
have you seen those new 150W HQI japanese Iwasaki spot light metal halides that run on a mogul base in the pendant? those things are SO SWEET! all japanese tanks are awesome! those bulbs are supposed to laste 2 years because thye dont have the colorinf in the bulb, the bulb dosent lose spectrum, the HQI is in a big bulb, and the bulb has a film over it, those things are great, alot of people on the SPS area of --, tlak about them.

flatzboy

Originally posted by MontiDanae
looks like your getting into buisness, we shoudl be able to trade frags in a couple of months, i have some blue zoos almost ready! when are we going to see some pics of your tank?!?! lol.
dont you love all the different options in lighting,fltration, flow and matinice in this hobby?
have you seen those new 150W HQI japanese Iwasaki spot light metal halides that run on a mogul base in the pendant? those things are SO SWEET! all japanese tanks are awesome! those bulbs are supposed to laste 2 years because thye dont have the colorinf in the bulb, the bulb dosent lose spectrum, the HQI is in a big bulb, and the bulb has a film over it, those things are great, alot of people on the SPS area of --, tlak about them.

Funny that you mention that I just read the thread about those over at --. And for the pictures I need to a program to resize them. I can post a link to though. I'll post a picture when I get the 2x96 watt pcs in and hooked up. Its real yellow right now. Could you emailme a site were I can download something to resize images flatzboy@hotmail.com if you know any. I will practice some photography skills. I'm really good at making pictures look good on adobe photoshop 7. I know how to use a lot of the tools and I can cut out fish from other peoples tank pictures and place them in another tank picture and you can't even notice. Its actually pretty fun messing around on that program. I took a class at my school that showed me how to do all kinds of stuff. My lfs had a huge colonie of bright neon pink zoos for $40 But I bought a big green colored acro colony for $60 and the pink cuke for $20. I added my coral from my old 20g. reef. I had some awesome blue purple striped shrooms that I put in my parents 75g. because I don't want them to spread all over the place and take up al the space, a flowerpot that i've had since may, a huge candy cane colony blue and red, and some fugly brown zoos.

montidanae

pictures??
Flatz do you have AIM? i want to ask some questions about th Seios, instante messenge me if you do, my s/n is oOGuppieslayerOo

flatzboy

I don't got instant messanger but i'm gonna wait till i get the pc actinics in to post pics its real yellow looking.

montidanae

well i always saw the tunze looking ones, but not the square, do you have yours like the square, or tunze, and do you get alot of calcium build up?