Peppered Moray

omots

On the idea of a shark swimming space, being that the shark will grow 3' and your only a 265 gallon tank, then just maybe i can interest you in a coral cat shark. The only thing about this shark is that it swims only at night and you would need to make some total hiding spot for it as well so that it may go into hiding before the rooster says "cockadoddledo"
I cannot tell you how to do your live rock, other then that, i would never do my aquariums in that way. But for the number of fish you will have, their no real, true hideaway so that they could feel secured.
My wife and i have just had our first child 2 weeks ago so my wife is taking a little more active roll in the spending of money and i cant convince her to let me drop 1k$ on some rocks as she would put it.
The baby comes first young sir, I am called often to go pick up one or so of my grand kids when their either sick or would be excused from class earlier in the day. Like tomorrow, im to pick up the five year old twins at noon.
Being that your tank is a fish only system, their are other nonliving rocks you could use here and it wouldn't cost as much. And you can place it at the bottom, with the LR on top. Just be sure in what type of rock it be, for the wrong one could cause you problems.

yerboy

Originally Posted by OMOTS
http:///forum/post/2483310
Being that your tank is a fish only system, their are other nonliving rocks you could use here and it wouldn't cost as much. And you can place it at the bottom, with the LR on top. Just be sure in what type of rock it be, for the wrong one could cause you problems.
you know that hadnt crossed my mind. Ill look into getting 100-200 lbs of just base rock as im sure it will seed in time and wouldn't even need cured correct?

sk8shorty01

you are correct, base rock does not need to be cured, but you might want to put it into another container for a day or so to make sure you get all of the dust and garbage in your tank. It will keep the cloudiness to a minimum.
OMOTS: I hope we did not get off on the wrong foot, because I appoligize if you feel that I am trying to question your intelligence or motive because of my comments. I was just trying to re-word what yerboy was saying and reassure you that he does mean well and is not purposely trying to put any fish or animals in danger. Again, I appologize and hope that you have no hard feelings. I would give him information if I had any on the questions he is asking but I am not very educated on the keeping of sharks or large eels, as I only have a SFE. I am meerly observing posts to try and learn about them because they are quite interesting.

yerboy

Originally Posted by sk8shorty01
http:///forum/post/2484420
you are correct, base rock does not need to be cured, but you might want to put it into another container for a day or so to make sure you get all of the dust and garbage in your tank. It will keep the cloudiness to a minimum.
OMOTS: I hope we did not get off on the wrong foot, because I appoligize if you feel that I am trying to question your intelligence or motive because of my comments. I was just trying to re-word what yerboy was saying and reassure you that he does mean well and is not purposely trying to put any fish or animals in danger. Again, I appologize and hope that you have no hard feelings. I would give him information if I had any on the questions he is asking but I am not very educated on the keeping of sharks or large eels, as I only have a SFE. I am meerly observing posts to try and learn about them because they are quite interesting.
Yah i have a 54 gallon corner tank that all i use for now is mixing up new saltwater. I would just throw them in that for a few days with the water i remove from the 265 during water change.
and im glad u steped in when you did with that i post i think we were both about ready to choke each other haha

omots

Originally Posted by sk8shorty01
http:///forum/post/2484420
sk8shorty01, it not crossed my mind a second time after i post my thoughts to you commenting on it, so enjoy