peppermint shrimp

tonyzick

I have alot of aptasia anenomes of various sizes,I couldnt buy any peppermint shrimps because my snowflake eel would eat them,but i traded in the eel and my wife is mad.my question is how long does it take for the shrimps to start eating these anenomes.I bought 5 of them.

dwarfs

they will eat them,5 of them should help you alot. just give them a little time to settle in.

zipperfish

i have a snowflake ell and peppermint shrimp and they get along fine so go back to the store and get your sea snake back so your wife isnt mad. i had over 100 aptasia at one time and I put 20 shrimp in and it took 3 days.

javajoe

Wheni bought my shrimp, they ate all my antipasta within 12 hours, but i dont think that is typical. some people say that it takes a while, but they are good at cleaning them up.
(if you eat pasta and antipasta at the same time, are you still hungry? :) )

tonyzick

to zipperfish my eel ate an 18.00 cleaner shrimp that was giant in 45 seconds after putting the shrimp in the tank.so i did not want to take any chances and my wife will have to get over it.

jakob4001

one practice people do when adding possibly less agreesive or smaller fish/inverts to the tank, is that they feed the tank inhabitants well just before lights off; then maybe at least 30 mins after lights off, they add the new additions to give them a fighting chance better chance to adjust or find safe hiding place; but than agian, some creatures may be night feeders

S

starfishjackedme

I haven't seen mine much at all since i first put them in. This is two weeks and I see them once in a few days. My apt. is gone though. :rolleyes: