Peppermint Shrimp

myescape0

:( I put peppermint shrimp in my tank and they killed my brittle star by ganging up on him. They also went after my choc. chip starfishes but they are ok.They remind me of cockroaches, one drop of food and they all come out of the woodwork.:eek:

myescape0

Originally posted by PhoenixOfThePyre
lol they killed him?? wow that sucks.i put a new pistol shrimp in my tank, i hope they dont gang up on him ;)

:mad: I don't feel it was funny.He was still alive when I took him out.They ate most of his body,he moved to the front of my tank(very odd for him)to get away,I suppose.They cornered him again and by the time I got to him his legs were falling off so I took him out to stop his suffering.They are like cockroaches rainding a breadcrumb !!!!!! I had my brittlestar for a while and got used to watching him move around on my L/R.

Well my peppermint shrimp are fine. they sometimes clean my hand, and sometimes i see them cleaning my fish. i just put a serpent star in there. he's very tiny i hope he doesnt get ganged up on.

myescape0

Originally posted by PhoenixOfThePyre
Well my peppermint shrimp are fine. they sometimes clean my hand, and sometimes i see them cleaning my fish. i just put a serpent star in there. he's very tiny i hope he doesnt get ganged up on.

When I try to feed my anenome ... they come from every direction and run up my feeding stick.Actually when I try to feed anything ... they come running.They eat their share then try to get everyone elses share.They are good for my L/R so for so I guess I'll keep them around a bit longer.

Yeah, well mine are doing well, none have died, they clean my fish well, they dont eat anything i dont want them to, that i know of.Although my sailfin isnt very nice. she has attacked firefish/shrimp/crabsand soem sort of soft coral and macro algae i got with my LR.