Peppermint Shrimpy, Hardy?

mxkris

I got two peppermint shrimp last night that I acclimated for almost 3 hours and by morning they were both dead, so I took them back and got the last one they had, and now he is acting pretty lathargic, am I going to loose him too? My water seems fine and I had a peppermint shrimp before you was fine. Fish are doing good also... What the heck, am I shrimp cursed?

mxkris

Water seems fine. I don't know the exact numbers because I just use the dip sticks but they are definitly not anywhere near stress I do't eblieve. I have been hanging the bag the whole time to get the temp right, then removing some water, and adding some from my tank every so often.

salty blues

Originally Posted by mxkris
Water seems fine. I don't know the exact numbers because I just use the dip sticks but they are definitly not anywhere near stress I do't eblieve. I have been hanging the bag the whole time to get the temp right, then removing some water, and adding some from my tank every so often.
I am no expert but I think it is best to drip acclimate new stock. You do need to know for sure what your water parameters are also.

mxkris

I have read places that litterally drip acclimationg and what I have done work out fine. I have done all my stuff like this and not had a problem. I am going to buy a real test kit soon but the Nitrite is reading zero and the nitrate is really low so I don't think it's the water. He may just be acting calm cuz it's so bright.. I'll write back in the morning.

travis89

Whats your salinity and ammonia? It is best to drip acclimate inverts because they are more sensitive then fish or corals to changes in water conditions.