Perc Food

bergshawn

Was told by my LFS to feed my 2 mated percs live brine at first as that might be all they will eat. I have never purchased live brine before so if that is indeed what I need to do, I need to know how to keep them alive, etc. so I don't have to go to the store to buy them everytime I have to feed my fish. I have been told though by other people on this board and one other board that they will eat frozen foods, frozen brine, and sometimes even flake and pellet food. I have frozen brine, Formula II, and flake food already. How would I feed them the frozen brine? Do I just take it out of the package, let it thaw out, and cut it into small pieces and put into the tank? It is frozen in cubes right now in the package.
Thanks for your help!!

acez28

yeah i feed mine frozen brine, spirulina flakes, and seaweed selects. I do the same....i use a coffe mug to scoop some tank water into then i drop the cube in. 5 minutes and i shake it up and then pour it in...... I do the same with the flakes.

phil1964

<It reminds me of those gameshows where the contestant is in the "wind tunnel" booth grasping at money... >
What the heck was the name of that show anyhow!
Now I won't be able to sleep for thinking of it!
Thanks kgrimes :eek:

S

sinner's girl

i feed mine frozen brine shrimp and blood worms (the clown loves this). and they flake food if i'm out of other food or really buzy/lazy.
I just use a knife to get some frozen brine then put it in the tank. though i don't use anywhere close to half a cube for the 55gl tank (the big damsel in the 75 will eat a half-3/4 of a cube though).

justinx

I feed some form of flake food. I dont know what it is exactly, but it is specially formulated for marine fish. That and frozen formula one food. This is what was recommended to me by Tropicorium. A leader in the clownfish breeding.