Percula Clown feeding

lawdawg161

I have a mated pair of Perculas and I am wondering how much food they need. I am currently feeding them flake food. The problem is that they don't see all of it when it falls so there's a good bit of old food on the bottom of the tank. I know this can be a potential ammonia hazard, so I'm trying to be as frugal as possible with the food. They aren't used to "feeding time" yet, so I have to kind of try and drop the food when they are near the top and paying attention. If they get 3-4 flakes 2 times a day is that going to be enough?
Any advice is greatly appreciated.

undulate*

Im not a expert but i dont think you should feed them all flake food you should feed some frozen food once per day. Soak the frozen food in garlic to make yer fish healthier

lawdawg161

You mean like frozen brine shrimp? I have heard that they make a HUGE mess, and I would think that much waste in a tank would be really bad for it.

loopy

feed them the same time every day...if possible, they will get used to it and when they see you they go to the top. I believe it's cuz they love me, but others say they just want food.

I also feed frozen mysis shrimp and they LOVE it, the are SO ready for it when they see it coming...I target feed the puffer and they get a 'squirt' too.
Feeding once a day is really enough, or small small portions 2 times. They'll get used to it, they won't starve...they come up when they are ready. would love to have a mated pair..enjoy!!!!

undulate*

Yah brine shrimp can be messy but if you feed them little hunks at a time the fish should be able to clean it up and i dont mean just brine shrimp like different mixture foods and Mysis and all sorts