percula clown skip meals

recall_retire

Hello.
Please anyone..Help me with this problem....
My percula clown is starting to reject all food that I give...what is happening with it...actually...I don't see any causes of infection such as white spot, gill fungus or any internal infection…from what can I see it seems don’t want to move and just stay on the top of my button polyps…it also breath a little bit fast ….oh…before that, I have 3 percula clown, one saddle back clown, one green chromis, one yellow tail damsel and one blenny. …Actually my percula clown is about 1 year old….
Ammonia : 0
Nitrite : 0
Nitrate : below 50 ppm
Ph : 8.4
Water : regularly change with RO
Tank : 3'
So please assist me with this problem anyone…
Bye
RR
:rolleyes:

gobylover

This really sounds like flukes to me.Do you have a hospital tank?Look really close at his gills.Very close.Flukes are very hard to see.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
I had the same thing happen to my female perc....she came under attack by my hippo tang about 2 mos ago and stopped eating. I removed the hippo and she is not being harrassed anymore, but she never ."perced" up after that. At this point, I am hand-feeding her, and she will eat from my hand, but otherwise, no she won't eat.

recall_retire

thanx for the advice....actually i'm giving my clown fish with a mix of flake food , live brine , krill , + some SERA fish vitamine...is this enough for the clown.....i'm wondering ..of using garlic for parasite protection , but i don't know how to make and mix it with the food...
yesterday i'm trying to catch it out and gave it a freshwater bath ....and my clown start to swim again , but still refuse to eat .....please assist me
RR
:)

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like a pretty good food mix for a perc. Unless you can identify an actual disease process, I'd hold off on any treatment. Get out a magnifying glass and give the perc a real good look thru the glass to see if you can see wounds, parasites, etc.

recall_retire

thanx for all advice
this morning i'll give my percula clown a freshwater bath ...and now it's starting to have it meal back and continue swimming ....thanx everyone for your advice...
Thanx.... :)