percula help

kiharaconn

I've had my two perculas for over a year now. I purchased them both at the same time. At first they were friends but now the larger one bullies the smaller one all the time. Shorty hides most of the day and when he does come out she chases him all over the tank. He has even jumped into the overflow several times to get away from her. I don't know what to do with them now. I assume that since they never paired with each other that they never will. I really feel sorry for Shorty cause he doesn't get to enjoy the tank at all. So my questions is - is there anything I can do? Will taking one of them back and purchasing another one work? Or will they learn to get along sometime? any suggestions will be appreciated.

scsinet

It sounds to me like the clowns have sexually matured and the female (always larger) is attacking the male.
There's nothing you can do except wait until they either stop or remove one of them. As long as no damage is being noticed (fins torn, etc) they may be okay, albeit violent, in the tank together.
The only way to avoid this problem is to get a truly mated pair, but even then it can be touch and go.