Percula not feeling to perky...

jabberjaws

I believe my percula clown might have chilondella according to the symptoms page on this site. My readings are 0 am, 0 nitrites, 0 nitrates, 1.021 sal, temp 76-78
ph 8.2. It is a 55 gal with a 400 Skilter on it. He doesnt look sick other than he will not eat or swim around and he has the mucus hanging from him. Is there any other cure besides copper for this and should I get a hosp tank and seperate him from the rest of the fish. They all seem to be fine
I have been treating with Melafix for 3 days and this started before that. ---ROSS

jabberjaws

A exert from the disease and treatment page on this site:
Chilondella
Another parasitic disease.
SYMPTOMS:
Mucus discharge that sticks and hangs from body of fish.
Difficulty breathing as if trying to catch breath.
Lack of interest in food.
Fish doesn’t want to move.
CURES:
The same as ICK and MARINE VELVET. A copper based solution in a
fish-only tank and a solution from your local pet store for a reef
tank. Keep the level of copper at .15 PPM and try an antibacterial
food in reef tanks.
My percula seems to have all the symptoms.
Does anyone know if there is another cure besides copper? ---ROSS

mr . salty

There are other non copper addatives on the market,but I'm not convinced that they work as well as copper. If you use copper,follow treatment instructions carefully,I lost a 80 dollar Emperor angel by overdosing. And use a hospital tank so as not to submit the other fish to this treatment unnecisarily. GOOD LUCK.....STEVE

W

wrassefan

Try Malachite Green (Kordon makes one). I used it and it helped on Velvet and ick. It is also safe for inverts. Just be careful to not over medicate. I would recommend a separate hospital tank with a heater and aeration/filtration.

jabberjaws

Well today I picked up some meds at the lfs and got home to the clown swimming more and he finally ate some food tonight so I think I will postpone the medication until tomorrow to see how he looks. He looked alot better today. Hopefully he will be even better tomorrow. Thanks for the help.
---ROSS