perfect tank

lrswls

My tank seems to be absolutely perfect, it just seems that it has happened way to fast, I was expecting it to take much longer than two weeks to cycle and have all the water tests within the limits. It has changed almost overnight, the trates and trites fell in line within 18 hours , is this normal?
Also does anyone from experience have any labor or time saving tips on water changes? Steps that they do to make it easier.
Is it better for the tank to make a large water change or smaller ones over 2-3 days?
One more thing, does everyones scimmer make this much noise.(humming)..it's a seaclone
thanks

nacl-h2o

Frequintly quick cycles produce a weak bio-filters. To be on the safe side, I would add my livestock slowly so that your bio-filter will have time to adjust preventing minicycles which can kill your new animals. And its always good to get a second opinion when something seems to good to be true, take a sample to your LFS to have them verify your numbers.

cwfish

Irswls,
To speed up water changes, I have a valve on the return pipe to my sump which can switch the output to a plumbed drain in your house. All you have to do is have the SW mixed up a couple days prior w/ airation. Turn your sump supply pump back on and dump in the fresh saltwater to the sump. When your done open back up your return line. Thats it... With this method/setup it takes me under 10 minutes to do a 70 gallon water change! :)

gq

Yes, My protein skimmer (Proclone) makes that much noise as well. I mean i have never had a problems with it but it does make a lot of noise!