Pest anemone

ckk125

hey all..have 2 pest anemone(aiptasia)..i couldnt find any Joe's Juice to kill it..what should i do?

alyssia

Some people use peppermint shrimp (but my peppermints have never touched my aiptasia) You might want to try taking the rock out and squirting boiling water on the aip.
Ultimately, though, the only thing that has ever worked for me is joe's juice.

bigb

I have used lemon juice and a syringe. You have to incect them directly. Once you stick the needle in they will start to shrink so you have to plunge the juice rather quickly.

alyssia

Originally Posted by ckk125
i couldnt find it..will lime juice work?

I have heard of people using lime or lemon juice. You can find joe's online if you're willing to pay the shipping.

mikeyjer

Originally Posted by b18c5hatch
I have the same problem, After doing these treatments do you have to remove the anemone?
No, it will shrink up to nothing inside the holes on the rock, there's no way to remove it. Joe's Juice worked everytime I've used it.... :happyfish

dogstar

Originally Posted by BigB
I have used lemon juice and a syringe. You have to incect them directly. Once you stick the needle in they will start to shrink so you have to plunge the juice rather quickly.

I used the consentrated lemon juice and one shot did the trick. Lime juice should work too.

mikeyjer

Originally Posted by Dogstar

I used the consentrated lemon juice and one shot did the trick. Lime juice should work too.
Another thing I want to add to this post is that over dosing of lemon juice can cause a PH decrease. :happyfish

mikeyjer

increase?it should be decrease...
I meant decrease!

I was in a hurry for work when I typed that.... :happyfish

jerth6932

i'll try that ASAP. thx guys
Well Joes juice is ultimatly just a really concentrated mix of kalkwaser mix. So if you have kalkwaser mix, just use that! That is what I do...... and it works.... I have joes juice too.... but it does the same thing!!