Pet store caught fire, killed all animals besides most fish

ghola5

A friend of ours family pet store caught fire this morning, smoke killed all the puppies and cats, about 60-70 of them,alone with rabbits, snakes, birds ect. Some of the saltwater stuff made it so far and i was wonder does it seem like the fish and rock can be ok if there put into clean water? or could the smoke have gotten in there water and did something to them right away?
this was such a sad day.

jennythebugg

aww thats terrible...i would say that if you cant use aerosols around a tank then the smoke probably would do something to the water,i'm sorry to hear about that

miaheatlvr

It was very "DIS"
Disapointing!
Very Disatisfying!
And Very Discombobulated!
I was expecting much more and feel the show deserved "More" for its last episode!
Anybody else wanna chime in?

sharkboy13

thats awful best regards to the family, tell them theres always a light, from what i've heard w/ fires and fish its not the smoke its the heat, the heat causes low oxygen levels and while it doesnt cause serious damage if removed it can be devestating if left unchecked

sharkboy13

Originally Posted by MiaHeatLvr
It was very "DIS"
Disapointing!
Very Disatisfying!
And Very Discombobulated!
I was expecting much more and feel the show deserved "More" for its last episode!
Anybody else wanna chime in?
ummm......off subject much?

autofreak44

if they were skimming and had lids on some and the temp didnt swing i would imagine the fish would be fine... sorry to hear of your loss THATS SO SAD

ghola5

yes it just so so sad, I guess it really started in the middle of the night and slowly set of smoke, it was small at first and then got bigger and bigger, its just so sad of everything that was lost, so depressing, the stuff seems to be doing good so far. :(

masta man

In Indiana lately there have been atleast 11 arson fires. In the last one a mother jumped out of a 2 story window and ran to a neighbors house screaming my babies are in there. Firefighters came and rescued a daughter but the other one died. It is sad how the media dis sensitizes a person toward death.

triga22

I feel so bad for the poor puppies left in there cages to die.. Thats why my dog is never crated unless were gone forever. We leave her outside so she could leave if need be.