PFO Lighting is proud to introduce the NEW H4 Series Solaris LED Illumination System!

jmick

If they came out with 400W 10k equivalent I might be impressed but 20ks do little for me for the kind of money they demand.

maxalmon

huge consideration is the power consumption, my frag room generates an incredible amount of heat, which bleeds into the rest of the house, causes the A/C to run more often on top of that the 1000+ watts of lighting, and a 1/4hp chiller. I estimate my saving per month just in my electrical bill to be about $75, wont need the chiller, which is a huge expense, it's like running a refrigerator. Add to that the life of the LED's over my MH's, I just ordered 2 bulbs that cost me $160 every 9 months (this needs to be doubled but I only ordered 2 bulbs this time so it's actually $320 every 9 months = $35/month for bulbs
Add it all up and my savings per year would be
Powerbill savings for 12 months $900
Bulb savings @ 35 x 12 months $420
Estimated saving per year would be $1320.
Yeah, everyone says, corals don't grow so fast, but I suspect with the improvements with the new LED's that I can live with a little slower growth

maxalmon

Originally Posted by Bronco300
you can adjust the K from 6.5-22k
Imagine the growth using the 6.5k setting, then dial up brighter 22k before you arrive home.

qreef

I rather buy LCD flat screens and put on top of my tank and have the DVD player to change the color I want than that ridiculous expensive Solaris

autofreak44

Originally Posted by Qreef
I rather buy LCD flat screens and put on top of my tank and have the DVD player to change the color I want than that ridiculous expensive Solaris
im not sure thats exactly the same thing, but good thought lol

maxalmon

You could always have the discovery channels "sunrise" playing.... it's the show that is simply a camera mounted at a fixed spot that records and plays sunrise, sunset....
Maybe some Yani playing in the background to get the corals in the mood to grow....

bluebubbles

Originally Posted by reefkprZ
why are you cutting and pasting all of that onto here?

why to get her post count up, silly