PH and KH question

frenchman

I am not sure that this is the right message board for this question but I was wondering whether the reef builder of SEACHEM (to increase KH) will impact and increase my PH? I have a PH at 8.4 and a KH at 7. What do you suggest? :eek:

C

cory

Seachem's "Reef Builder" shouldn't have any impact on PH, only KH. I have been using Seachem's buffer products for several months now and understand that the reef builder was designed with higher PH tanks in mind. I would recommend testing PH prior to lights going out, then when lights go out add "Reefbuilder" wait about 1/2 hour and retest PH, check for any rise, if any it should be very minor.

nm reef

I use seachem reef builder and reef advantage on alternating days.....about 1/2 gal per day with 1 teaspoon of additive per 1/2 gal........at night I top off with 1/2 gal kalkwasser.....once a week normally on sunday morn I top off with 1/2 gal seachem reef buffer(same mix as others 1/2 gal with 1 teaspoon additive) this system has worked for me for 4 months or more and I have very slight fluctuations in ph......normally stays right around 8.2....8.3
personally I'm very pleased with these seachem products

burnnspy

I recommend seachem reef builder.
I only use reef builder and kalkwasser to control tank chemistry.
BurnNSpy