PH fell in tank

cjdjok

My large powerhead fell and was pointed to the bottom of my tank and moved allot of my sand and the water is very cloudy. What shoul I do?

bruder

It will settle with some time. What is in the tank? The only BIG negatives I can see coming from this is stirring up the sand bed which could give you a spike on your readings and could be harmful to your fish. Also, sand in a PH can be brutal on your impeller.

cjdjok

It is a 90 with about 80lbs of LR and contains 1 sea hare Lots of blueleg hermits, Scarlets, 3 Emerald crabs, snails and a sand anemone and 2 perc clownfish

evieb

Don't worry, the sand will settle. You may want to re-distribute the sand. It's happened to me before ...... a few times! Its hard to get the suction cups on the ph to stay put sometimes. It'll clear up. Good luck!

bruder

I would say you are in the clear. The clowns are pretty hardy, so even if your parameters jumped just a little bit, I would say you are ok. If you have another tank set up you can put them in there just to be safe or you could do a water change.
Keep us updated.

pallan

I would reccomend ditching the suction cups and using the hang on brackets or getting the magnetic holders for the powerheads. Otherwise it may happen again. JMO
you should be fine